25 Jan 2012

My Recent Blog Designs & The Design Process

As most of you know - as well as being a technology/design blogger I freelance as a blog designer. Work has been very busy recently. I re-designed the blog of fashion blogger Ellie of Pretty Much Penniless as well as moving a blogger over from Blogger to Wordpress. But those aren't my only recent deesigns so today I thought I'd show you some of my recent work and share with you my process for designing.

First of all here are my most recent designs:











So what is involved with the design process? Well my first port of call is to find out what kind of design the client requires. To do this we seek inspiration from the blogosphere. I look at blog designs that the client likes so I can get a feel of what kind of design suits their purpose. I then create a mock up of the blog for the client to approve. They look over the design and I make changes based on their feedback. When and only when the client is entirely satisfied do I install the design and I'm available after if the client has any questions or concerns. I really enjoy the creative process and there is no feeling quite like the feeling I get when a client loves their design.

So what do you think of the designs?

*if you'd like a custom blog design you can email me at faye_kent@yahoo.co.uk*

2 comments:

  1. Uhg! I'm so jealous that you have this ability! I'm constantly wanting to change my design but am honestly completely intimidated by learning all these things!

    I love the fashion dotty...modern and simple.

    ReplyDelete